Re: Multiple Instance = Multiple Homes (Oracle 9.2) Confused...

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 21:13:09 +1000

If you use the Oracle Installer to create a new *database*, then you are using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. The Database Configuration Assistant is what you're after, and it won't ask you about an Oracle Home.

You need to get the concepts clear first: you are creating a new database, which happens to require a second Instance to run it. You are not performing a fresh install of the Oracle executables. So use the right tool for the right job.

Regards