Re: problem with sql-statement, additional information

From: Henner Hucke <henner.hucke_at_rolls-royce.com>
Date: 8 May 2003 01:23:03 -0700

henner.hucke_at_rolls-royce.com (Henner Hucke) wrote in message news:<f6796be6.0305070509.2882672f_at_posting.google.com>...

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with the following SQL-Statement:
> (Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.6)

After a some investigation, metalink and google I found the following: Select * from <table> where
(
condition A
)

OR
(
condition B
)

no results, but there should be a result, condition A is true

Select * from <table> where
(
<condition B>
)

OR
(
<condition A>
)

got the correct result, only the order of the conditions in the where clause is changed

also

Select * from <table> where
(
<condition A>
)

gave me the correct result

I also tried

Select /*+RULE */ from <table> where
(
<condition B>
)

OR
(
<condition A>
)

Select /*+RULE */ from <table> where
(
<condition A>
)

OR
(
<condition B>
)

and here I got also the correct result for both SQL-statements

in metalink I found the following parameter for init.ora

OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE = 8.0.4 (BUG-NUMER 1578644 aus Metalink) with that parameter enabled I also get the correct result for the SQL-statement with the wrong result from above.

Does anybody know, if there is a patch available so that I can unset OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE = 8.0.4? Received on Thu May 08 2003 - 03:23:03 CDT