Re: CPU overload

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 23:22:16 -0700

Andrew wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i 've HP-UX 11.0 with Oracle8.1.6.0 and sometimes the CPU on my sys is 0%
> idle !
> whit TOP i've seen that there is some oracle81 processes on overload... with
> ps it show me
> that is listener "(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=BEQ)..."
> My DB work with more discoverer users.
>
> What is "BEQ" ?? in listener.ora i don't see it.
>
> Please someone can help me?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bye

HOST=BEQ is a statement that the name of the server hosting Oracle is BEQ. Which I doubt. More likely the file you are looking at is unused and meaningless or I doubt Oracle would be running at all.

That said you are working on a version of Oracle that has not been supported for years and is so full of bugs I wouldn't touch the CD it came on. You need to either patch it to 8.1.6.2 (I wouldn't bother) or upgrade to at least 8.1.7.4.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu