Re: SQLPLUS set termout off

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 03:28:06 GMT

termout is one of those sqlplus settings which tend to confuse quite a lot of people.

It will work if you create a sql file like this:

abc.sql:
set termout off
select 'abc' from dual

and run it like this in sqlplus:
@abc.sql

Then it won't spit the results on screen (True at least for 9i sqlplus)

if you however set termout off in sqlplus and run the query .. it still shows the results.

example:

SQL>!cat abc.sql
set termout off
select 'abc' from dual;