Where is the init.ora file for the demo db (Oracle9i R2)?

From: Jeffrey Yee <jeffyee_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 May 2003 18:00:51 -0700

Hi,

I have just install Oracle9i 9.0.2.1 Enterprise Edition on Windows XP. After installation, I realise that the demo database is taken up too much memory. So, I search for the init<ora92>.ora file (my db name is ora92). To my surprise, I can't find it anywhere. I even try searching for files that contains 'control01.ctl, but nothing from the search result.

Also, there is no $ORACLE_BASE/admin directory. Is this normal?

Can anyone please help me on the above question. I'm only familiar with Oracle 8i 8.1.7. Only this week, I start trying out Oracle9i.

Best Regards,
Jeffrey Received on Wed May 07 2003 - 20:00:51 CDT