Re: Installing Oracle 9.0.2.1.0 on Redhat 9.0

From: pheonix1t <9090pheonix1t.at_at_earthlink.net909090.oio>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 00:37:33 GMT

Bryan Kyle wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> I'm having problems installing Oracle 9.0.2.1.0 on Redhat 9.0. When
> attempting an installation, after entering all the required information I
> get to the installation progress screen and it freezes.
>
> Looking at the logs it appears to be the same issue as noted at
> http://info.ccone.at/INFO/Mail-Archives/redhat/Jan-2003/msg03703.html.
>
> I've reinstalled glibc, and done an ldd on /lib/libc.so.6 but everything
> checks out.
>
> Has anyone else had any issues like this? If so, what did you do to correct
> it?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Bryan Kyle

oracle on redhat 9 is a pain in the ass......too many compatibility problems on the redhat side.
oracle on suse is a much better experience....less head-aches.

this is a very common question lately......have you head the list archives? it's been asked several times before Received on Wed May 07 2003 - 19:37:33 CDT