Re: Multiple Instance = Multiple Homes (Oracle 9.2) Confused...

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 23:25:57 +0200

Andy <andybush2003_at_yahoo.com> schreef in berichtnieuws bb3692fe.0305071250.60ff01c5_at_posting.google.com...
| Ok,
|
| I tried it.. but something confusing happens....
|
| In OUI when you choose the same Home, it never asks you for a new SID
| for the new database, instead the installation options in the end show
| up as "Reinstallation", now if you choose a new home for creating the
| 2nd instance, then the screen comes up which asks about the SID etc...
|
| Thanks

On Windows the OUI can only be used to install software and patches. Part of the sofware installation can be to create a database (it's optional).

You need the database creation assistant to create databases in an existing home.
Or make a script of your own that starts with "create database....." and add services to stop/start the db with oradim (I assume it still exists in 9.2.0, it does in 8.1.7). Better use the assistant.... On Unix it is called "dbca", don't have a 9.2 installation on Windows yet so can't exactly specify the command.
Read documentation... Received on Wed May 07 2003 - 16:25:57 CDT