Re: UPDATE fails- deadlock? -- simultaneous access to DB

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 21:15:02 GMT

Are you sure it's deadlocks (e.g. do they appear in alert.log)?

If it's just locks:
Check that you're not updating PK, that locks the whole table. Check if you're deleting from a table that has PK, that whatever references that PK has an index.

On 6 May 2003 17:27:53 -0700, g_padmashali_at_yahoo.com (Padmashali) wrote:

>We are facing the DB dead-lock problem. Multiple Access to tables are
>required. More than one transactions are trying to access the same
>table and DB deadlock is noticed.
>
>Will the order of access the Tables will resolve the problem, if I
>provide controlled access to each table in a particular order.
>
>Request you all to suggest various methodology/approach to prevent
>such scenario.
>
>Its Very Urgent.
>
>Thank You Very Much
>
>Best Regards
>Padmashali

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Wed May 07 2003 - 16:15:02 CDT