Re: How to tune for "too many" users ? - solved. The cause was ...

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 19:23:02 +0200

On Wed, 7 May 2003 11:10:53 +0200, "Jan Gelbrich" <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de> wrote:

>... incredible! : they forgot to put indexes on the FKs in the first place,
>and they were even not aware
>of anything wrong ... and consequently they got many table locks and
>blocking sessions !
>
>brrrrh >o(=&%$§*#
>
>This is such a capital data model design mistake that I never took it into
>consideration.
>So my rule for the future: no assumptions at all about "ready" data models
>
>Since we have set the indexes now, it runs like a charme.
>All the jams disappeared, no matter how many users are active.
>
>Anyway, thanX for all your inputs.
>
>Jan

At least you have been able to create the indexes. I'm dealing with a similar app, and I have to go through burocracy. And of course any problems in the app are to blame on the database.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed May 07 2003 - 12:23:02 CDT