RMAN Summary Script question

From: Steven L. Sesar <ssesar_at_mitre.org>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 13:13:18 -0400

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I have a very simple question. I found the following .SQL script on the web, and I'm having trouble getting it to run. Here's how I'm attempting it:

On the database host:

What I get is a syntactical error, to the effect that the word "set" is not recognized/expected/allowed.

Can anyone tell me the proper way to run this script?

TIA, Steve

set pages 200

col datafileMb format 9,999,999 heading "Datafile Size Mb" col backedupMb format 9,999,999 heading "Backuped Size Mb"

break on report
compute sum of datafileMb on report
compute sum of backedupMb on report

show user

SELECT db_name,MIN(completion_time)
FROM rc_backup_datafile
GROUP BY db_name;

REM top running backups

select rownum as rank

        ,name
        , DECODE(backup_type,'D','Full','I','Incremental'
            ,'L','Archive Log',backup_type) backup_type
        ,round(max_secs/60) mins
FROM ( select name , backup_type , max(elapsed_seconds)  max_secs
      from rc_backup_set bs, rc_database d
      where bs.db_key = d.db_key
      group by name, backup_type
      order by max(elapsed_seconds) desc
      )

WHERE rownum <= 10

SELECT db_name

, DECODE(status,'A','Available'

                    ,'D','Deleted'
                    ,'O','Unusable'
                    ,status)        status

, COUNT(*)

from rc_backup_datafile
GROUP BY db_name,status

SELECT db_name

, DECODE(backup_type, 'D','Full','Incremental') backup_type
, SUM(datafile_blocks*block_size) /1024/1024 datafileMb
, SUM(blocks*block_size) /1024/1024 backedupMb
FROM rc_backup_datafile
GROUP BY db_name

, DECODE(backup_type, 'D','Full','Incremental');