Lost Datafile

From: Simon Adebisi <omar_adebisi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 May 2003 08:42:25 -0700

Hello Gang....Simon Again. I have a quick query for someone. Our unix group prepared an oracle server with not enough disk allocated for data. We are running transaction level auditing and are amassing quite a lot of data. Since this is a production environment, scheduling a maintenance window is out of the question. I therefore took advantage of available disk space and expanded the OFA as follows:

/u01 -> /db/u01
/u02 -> /db/u02
/u03 -> /db/u03
/u04 -> /tmp/u04

With my new storage area in place, I proceeded to add a couple of datafiles to the MFG_DATA tablespace. Severe storms in the area last evening caused a brief power outage and the server rebooted. When the server came back up, it seems the unix group either moved or removed the datafiles in /tmp/u04. What is the best method for tracking down these datafiles? Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Simon A.
Sr. Oracle DBA Received on Wed May 07 2003 - 10:42:25 CDT