gather stale and Histograms

From: Dana Day <dday1960_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 May 2003 06:19:19 -0700

Hello,

I manage several databases and have recently converted to using dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats with the gather stale option. A significant number of tables/columns also have histograms which are reset after dbms_stats is run.

What I want to do is have a routine that will dynamically gather stale and immediately after, regenerate histograms if needed. A couple of thoughts I have had would be to generate a temp table for this purpose and use %_histograms to re-gather histograms after running dbms_stats.

Is anyone else doing similar, and would you share the wisdom?

TIA, Dana Day
Phoenix, AZ
Environment: AIX 4.3/8.1.7.2, W2K/9.2.0, AIX 4.3/9.2.0.2. Received on Wed May 07 2003 - 08:19:19 CDT