Re: SQL Works but PL/SQL hangs

From: Ubiquitous <weberm_at_polaris.net>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 12:01:33 +0000 (UTC)

In comp.databases.oracle.misc Amir <amirrazakhan_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

: But when I embbed the same query in PL/SQL block it hangs and does not
: complete

:

: declare
: x varchar2(50);
: begin
: select trans_no into x from XYZ_at_remotedb;
: end;
I'd try adding exception handling and see if it tells you anything. The only thing I can think of is a very slow network or trying to return multiple rows into x.