Re: how to auto commit in oracle?

From: michael ngong <mngong_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 May 2003 04:54:09 -0700

"Xie Haifeng" <xiehaifeng_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<b9aall$h2aam$1_at_ID-179281.news.dfncis.de>...
> Hi all,
> I'm using oracle 8.1.7 on linux. And when I have executed a
> insert/delete/update statement in sqlplus, I must manually execute "commit"
> command otherwise the other people can't see the modified data in their db
> connection. Does it possible to change some configs and make oracle server
> to commit transaction automatically?
> Thanks a lot.
>
> xie.

Xie
That is how oracle is configured .I beleive this gives room for possible rollback in case of errors like multiplying some ones salary by 2 instead of adding 2000 dollars and in general room for corrective action rather than worry about restores,log minning and flashbacks.If you get out of your session though you should have your stuff autocommited for you .

Michael Tubuo Ngong Received on Wed May 07 2003 - 06:54:09 CDT