Re: 2 users: 1 for tables,views.. 1 for functions,procedures...

From: Antoine BRUNEL <antoinebrunel/yahoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 13:38:08 +0200

Hi from Paris

Oracle RDBMS allows you to precisely define user rights and privilege, both for DDL and DML operations.

In your case, you could:

create the two users, and grant them the "create session privilege"

Then, the first one will be allowed to create schema objects, and will a quota privilege on the tablespace.
The other user will only have privileges to create package, etc...

I recommand you to check to two following links:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96521/privs.htm#17434

and

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96540/statements_912a.htm#2062195

Cdlt