Re: How to tune for "too many" users ? - solved. The cause was ...

From: Guido Konsolke <Guido.Konsolke_at_triaton.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 11:51:47 +0200

"Jan Gelbrich" <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:b9ailu$gjm4t$1_at_ID-152732.news.dfncis.de...
> ... incredible! : they forgot to put indexes on the FKs in the first
place,
> and they were even not aware
> of anything wrong ... and consequently they got many table locks and
> blocking sessions !
>
> brrrrh >o(=&%$§*#
>
> This is such a capital data model design mistake that I never took it into
> consideration.
> So my rule for the future: no assumptions at all about "ready" data models
>
> Since we have set the indexes now, it runs like a charme.
> All the jams disappeared, no matter how many users are active.
>
> Anyway, thanX for all your inputs.
>
> Jan

Hi Jan,

I presume the developers are queueing at the Arbeitsamt, right ;-). At least they should be punished. But on the other hand: from this day on I will always check even this kind of things when anything is running out of its normal way.

Best wishes,
Guido Received on Wed May 07 2003 - 04:51:47 CDT