oracle error message

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 09:27:25 +0100

Morning Joanna,

oerr ora 333
00333, 00000, "redo log read error block %s count %s"
// *Cause: An IO error occurred while reading the log described in the
// accompanying error.
// *Action: Restore accessibility to file, or get another copy of the
file.

Not much help really, but it implies that one of your redo log files is missing/corrupt/broken somehow.

Remember, when asking for help, to tell us :

what version of Oracle you are running
what command you tried to execute
the actual error message - 'ora-00333 redo log read error block blah count blah'
where you have already looked for help (google, tahiti.com, the manual etc)

and so on. You will find plenty of people willing to help you but many will not even bother if it appears that (a) you have not tried to help yourself first and (b) if you don't give us *all* the imprtant information.

HTH Regards,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator