how to auto commit in oracle?

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 09:21:52 +0100

Hello Xie (here it is 09:18)

>> I have used OCI_DEFAULT in OCIStmtExecute , and it looks can
autocommit
>> too. Is it right?

you can use OCI_DEFAULT | OCI_COMMIT_ON_SUCCESS in OCIStmtExecute, but this statement still will hang if you are trying to update a row that you have updated in another transaction in SQLPlus until such time as SQLPlus commits (or rollback) to release the locks. Once the locks release, your OCI app will finish executing it's statement and carry on.

>> So I want to know how to set auto
>> commit in sqlplus to let my application wouldn't be blocked by men.
Does
>> this solve method right?

in SQLPlus just 'set autocommit on' and it will auto commit after each stetement. Alternatively, just remember to commit yourself.

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator