What should I download?

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 14:36:58 +0100

Afternoon,

download Enterprise edition - that way you get everything, sort of, that you will ever need.
The client software is included on the EE disc(s) so you won't have to download it.
Then you need to go to the PATCHES button and see if there are any patch kits for your server/version of Oracle.

I'm not sure if Win 2003 is actually supported yet so you might have a few problems. Having said that linux versions seem to install just fine on unsupported versions of Linux, so as one release of Windows is *bound* to be the same as another, it should just work <vbg>

Cheers,
Norman.

PS. there is a compatabilty matrix somewhere on Metal Ink that will tell you if 2003 is supported or not.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
mailto:Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk