Re: VARRAYS for VLDB

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 14:21:38 +0100

The only general point I would make is that varrays need to be unpacked to be used - so there is no high-precision access to them.

This may be memory and CPU intensive,
and is perhaps an area where the code
may not have been stressed by other
users very often - i.e. higher-risk because it is closer to the leading edge.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html

____Denmark__May 21-23rd
____Sweden___June