Re: Can not connect to Oracle Manager or view status

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 14:12:14 +0200

John Bell wrote:
> Hi
>
> Oracle 9.2.0.1.0; RedHat 8.0
>

> I have just been through emca several times to create a Enterprise
> Manager database, but I just can connect to the repository after
> creating it. Starting seems to be sucessful with oemctl start oms, but
> all the commands that require the administrator login/password fail
> with
>
> VXA-1003 : Administrator login credentials are invalid
>
> I can connect to the database using SQLPlus.
>
> All I can think of is that the somehow/where the hostname, username or
> password are wrong, but they seem ok.

Sometimes what 'seems ok' is actually not - which credentials did you use? From what you wrote, I'd assume you tried system/manager, sys/change_on_install etc. which will never ever work.

Enterprise Manger has it's own user management. At the logon screen, there is a help button, which might actually help you (because at least on windows) it tells you within one or two clicks what the default username/password for OEM is. (and you'll be asked to change it immediately).

HTH Holger Received on Tue May 06 2003 - 07:12:14 CDT