Re: not your every day communication problem

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 13:59:20 +0200

Ed Stevens wrote:

> I know that I want to get this app to an IPC or BEQ connection to cut
> the network out of the picture, but I'm curious about the difference
> in behavior between being logged on to the server as a local user vs.
> a domain user.

I'm not sure if I got the full picture, but I'd assume you had the following situation:

A domain user is logging on to the console of your db server. However, due to a network problem the domain_controller is not available, so the local profile is used.

So far no problem, but when connecting to the database you don't get a connection. How is the db user defined? If you use external authentification, then the DB will try to authenticate your db user with a domain controler, but since the network is down, no domain controller available, it will refuse the connection.

If you connect via 'classic' user/passwd - I've no idea why this should fail ('cause it shouldn't).

HTH Holger Received on Tue May 06 2003 - 06:59:20 CDT