Re: sqlldr80 under Win2K

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 22:49:43 +0200

On Mon, 05 May 2003 19:44:56 +0000, gaus <member29144_at_dbforums.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have a sqlldr80 batch file that I have been running for almost 2 years
>under NT 4.0. We are using a scheduler called Maestro ro tun the batch
>jobs each night. This is trange, but I am moving to a Win2K box and the
>execution of the load is partially complete.
>The rows are being loaded fine, the log file created with no errors, and
>I can see the data in the table (all rows). However, the batch file will
>not terminate - it just sits out there after executing and loading the
>table. I even executed it from the command prompt and got the same
>results. Is anyone aware of strange issues with sqlldr80 running under
>2k? the DB is Oracle 8.0.6.
>Thanks!
>Gary

The main strange issues are:
Oracle never certified 8.0 for Win2k (which you could have verified before upgrading)
Oracle has also desupported 8.0.6 more than a year ago.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon May 05 2003 - 15:49:43 CDT