Re: Why my Temporary tablespace is always 99% full ?

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 15:19:41 GMT

I've seen this happen with temp tablespaces sometimes, for no apparent reason (some leftover segment of a failed sort i think). Never had a chance to analyze it, but offlining/onlining of the tablespace got rid of the segment.

The right thing to do, is probably to look at alert.log, find the offending query and either tune the query or increase temp tablespace size.

On Mon, 5 May 2003 21:57:32 +0800, "cpchan" <cpchaney_at_netvigator.com> wrote:

>I don't understand why my Temporary tablespace is always 99% full even we
>shut down the database for a UNIX tar backup on every 6:00 am.
>Do I need to turn off the whole UNIX machine and then turn its power again
>so that all the content of the Temporary tablespace will be cleared ?
>If no, how can I clear all the content of a Temporary tablespace on an
>Oracle 8i RDBMS ?

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Mon May 05 2003 - 10:19:41 CDT