Can the listener forward connect request to another server

From: rherbst <rherbst_at_rz.uni-potsdam.de>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 17:01:47 +0200

Hi *,

imagine the following situation:
I have an Oracle instance foo1 on server bar1. Now I want to migrate the DB to server bar2. But I have a large amount of clients working with this DB and I am not able to correct the tnsnames.ora on all clients within a reasonable time.

Can I configure the LISTENER on server bar1 to redirect/forward connection requests to the new instance on server bar2? Or have you any other suggestions how to solve the problem?

Regards!
Rainer

P.S. Oracle 8.1.7 on both servers, TCP network Received on Mon May 05 2003 - 10:01:47 CDT