Re: proc on solaris8?

From: Zafer AKTAN <zafer_at_redshift.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 21:31:40 -0700

I believe in 8i, Pro*C is part of the custom installation options. A typical installation option will not install Pro*C under 8i. Use the custom installation and choose Pro*C - it has nothing to do if you have a C compiler or not. If you do not have a compiler, then don't bother installing Pro*C at all.
hope this helps

--
Zafer AKTAN
Software Engineer - Oracle DBA
"Anton Buijs" <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl> wrote in message

> Ian <aaa-estacey_at_chariot.net.au> schreef in berichtnieuws
> 3e9ad364_2_at_news.chariot.net.au...
> | Hi again
> | Has anyone got the oracle 8.1.7 for Solaris8 (INTEL) to run pro*c?
> | (Got the software with my Solaris CD's)
> | I keep getting the following error even when I try to compile the
> examples;
> | sh: proc: not found
> | *** Error code 1
> | Does this release of Oracle not have the pro*c precompiler? I have tried
> | find proc but it definitely is not in the oracle/bin or ...precomp where
> | think its supposed to be.
> | Any help will be appreciated as I need to do some oracle work at home
for
> | Uni.
> | Thanks in advance
> | Ian
> | rem "aaa-" at start of email.
>
> Can't say if Pro*C is part of that version/platform.You should be able to
> find it in the release notes or Installation Guide.
> How did you install the Oracle software? Did you choose "Typical"? If so,
> mount the cd again, start the installer and choose for custom install.
Then
> add precompilers to the installation. Can very well be the case that
Oracle