ODBC & ORACLE 7

From: Ian Hooper <ian.hooper_at_qns.ii.net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 12:29:25 +0800

We have recently installed a phone system that runs on Oracel 7.

One of the selling points of th systems was that you could create an ODBC conenction into the database. (However no assistance would be provided in doing htis)

I have gone to the Oracle and downloaded the Oracle 7 ODBC software however the information requested does not reflect the informatin I have.

I have the ip, username and password.

Alternatively if I can not get this to work is to download and install DBD::Oracle and use it with Perl on a Linux box. (However Linux is by far my weekest skill)

  1. Anyone have a url that cn help with the Windows 2000 ODBC prob I have.
  2. anyone know were I can get a debian package for DBD::Oracle

I went to CPAN however and the Oracle stuff I found there required older versions of DBD::Oracle which I am unable to locate Received on Sun May 04 2003 - 23:29:25 CDT