How to make offline datafile onlne again?

From: Peter <peter_at_nomorenewsspammin.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 00:46:55 GMT

I took a datafile offline but when I tried to take it online again, I got the following error. Why is that? I have the archivelog mode turned on already.

SQL> alter database datafile 'c:\oracle\oradata\db\usr.dbf' online; alter database datafile 'c:\oracle\oradata\db\usr.dbf' online *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01113: file 8 needs media recovery
ORA-01110: data file 8: 'c:\oracle\oradata\db\usr.dbf' Received on Sun May 04 2003 - 19:46:55 CDT