Re: Default size for undo tablespace

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 07:11:33 -0700

Peter wrote:

> I had the OMF turned on which was supposed to create an undo
> tablespace 10m in size.
>
> I ran the following statement I did not set the undo_managemnt
> paramater. But what I got is an undo tablespace of 67m.
>
> create database db
> default temporary tablespace temptbs
> undo tablespace undotbs;
>
> If I ran the following statement instead and with the undo_managemnt
> paramater set to auto, then I got an undo tablespace of 10m
>
> create database db
> default temporary tablespace temptbs;
>
> Also, If I ran the following statement and with the undo_managemnt
> paramater set to auto, then I got an undo tablespace of 10m
>
> create database db
> default temporary tablespace temptbs
> undo tablespace undotbs;
>
> My question is why did the first statement give me an undo tablespace
> of 67m?

Can't answer you question but can you answer this question?

Why would you run a create tablespace statement without specifying parameters?

No datafile name?
No sizings?
No autoextend statement?

Oracle should have just given you an ORA error and refused to do any more than that.

You should never issue a create database statement without specifying basic values, names, and locations.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu