Converting Nvarchar in SQL to Varchar2 (UTF8) in Oracle 8.1.7

From: Phil Mac <philmccormack_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 4 May 2003 00:14:59 -0700

Help.
has anyone used/done this ?
I try using SQL Server's DTS package with MS OLE DB provider for Oracle and Oracle ODBC driver and Oracle OLE DB Provider. It does not want to convert the nvarchar(250) into the Oracle varchar(250) in an UTF8 DB.
All other columns including ntext to CLOB work fine. I have tried using ActiveX column transformation using CSTR, but nope. I have tried issuing a convert(varchar(500) against the SQL table in the transformation Source SQL, but nope.
Yet it display the ntext Ok in the Preview window, so I'm guessing it's the middleware connection s/w that's changing/cannot handle the nvarchar correctly. Received on Sun May 04 2003 - 02:14:59 CDT