Re: Is this a candidate for a stored outline?

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 16:52:34 GMT

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3EB3E6D8.BDE44268_at_exxesolutions.com...
> Ryan wrote:
>
> > "Ana C. Dent" <anacedent_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > where
> > tables
> > >
> > > It depends.
> > >
> > > What part of "Enable SQL TRACE to get facts rather than draw
conclusions
> > > based upon idle speculation." did you NOT understand?
> > >

> > i dont have any experience analyzing sql trace.
>
> Everyone seems intent on telling you what to do but now how. Here are some
> pointers.
>
> You analyze trace files using TKPROF which is an executable located in
the
> ORACLE_HOME\bin directory. The syntax for using TKPROF is:
>
> c:\oracle\ora92\bin>tkprof <input_trace_file_name>
<output_analysis_file_name>

> The trace file name is the name of the trace file Oracle generates. The
output
> is any file name you wish.
>
> Here is a little SQL that creates a trace file:
>
> SQL> exec dbms_session.set_sql_trace(True);
> SQL> exec load_parts
> SQL> exec dbms_session.set_sql_trace(False);
>
> where load_parts is the name of a stored procedure.
>
> For more go to http://tahiti.oracle.com and look up TKPROF. Likely the
result
> file will be too large to post here though you might be able to post parts
of
> it and ask questions.
> --
> Daniel Morgan
> http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/oad/oad_crs.asp
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)

thanks.. Ive skimmed through the online docs on TKPROF a few months ago. Havent had time to go into detail. Its not a 5 minute learning curve and I have deadlines. So I have hoping for some loose generalities in order to get some work done while I pick this up.

Thanks guy. Received on Sat May 03 2003 - 11:52:34 CDT