Re: key init parameters for oracle 9i

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 22:46:30 +1000

"DM" <dil_maj_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a4042ab1.0305021851.53479a4c_at_posting.google.com...
> I need help in getting the list of init parameters I should be most
> concerned, and suggested value if possible - for our new database in
> oracle 9i r2 using cost based optimizer. It's a 200 tables db with
> expected 20 small transaction/per min. oltp system
> I read db_block_size for such system be 4k.
> what other paramters should be set?

Hi Dilip,

Your question is unfortunately impossible to answer, although the term "how long is a piece of string" springs to mind ;)

Somehow, you need to do some training and "learn" what all those damn parameters mean and set them to appropriate values via the usual "tuning" process.

One thing I would say however, is that what you've read about an appropriate block size sounds incorrect. Where did you read such a recommendation ?

Richard Received on Sat May 03 2003 - 07:46:30 CDT