Re: .net OracleClient and character sets

From: HaukiDog <HaukiDog_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 May 2003 18:51:54 -0700

I've discovered that using OleDbCLient instead of OracleClient causes the difference. I'm in the middle of a .net conversion, so in order to maintain backwards compatibilty I had to use an OleDb provider in the places that dealt with the string field in question. My old code used OleDb in VisualBasic 6 code. Now I am using c# with the .net Oracle client.

Here's my new question ... I figure one of two things is true

  1. There is a bug in the .net OracleClient code, which causes the strings to get mungded

or

2. The string brought back from the OracleClient is actually correct and I have been working with some ASCII coding all along. In which case, there is a way to encode the string after it returns from the OracleClient call, thus achieving my backwards compatability.

Any one have any insight to this? Received on Fri May 02 2003 - 20:51:54 CDT