Oracle ODBC driver Pre-fetch problem with 8.1.78 Driver

From: Nick Palmer <nick_at_kcicorp.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 16:50:22 -0700

Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem with my Oracle ODBC Driver. I had the Oracle 8.1.74 ODBC driver on my system, and I upgraded to the 8.1.78 driver. After doing this, I noticed that my network packet count has gone up doing simple queries. It seems with this driver, that the driver is not pre-fetching any data. I also noted that in the 8.1.78 driver that the prefetch count has been replace by a prefetch buffer size. Is there a bug with the 8.1.78 ODBC driver ?
Or do I have to configure the Pre-fetch buffer size differently than the Pre-fetch count ? I've left the size at the default of 64000 - I assuming that means 64000 bytes = 64K.

Thanks,
Nick. Received on Fri May 02 2003 - 18:50:22 CDT