Learning Tree Oracle courses.. opinions?

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 16:11:24 GMT

Has anybody taken Oracle Admin classes from Learning Tree? If not, have you heard anything about them? We'd like to train a Unix Admin to be a backup DBA, he knows SQL and has been working with databases for few years (as a user) and has been studying the Oracle Concepts guide.

Here's the course link:
http://www.learningtree.com/courses/491.htm

I am not entirely sure they can teach much in 5 days, but we can't afford to lose a Unix Admin for a month of training.

Also, have you heard anything about other course offerings they have? Their charge per course is like $2500, but if we buy a '4-course training passport' we might be able to send up to 4 people for various training for half the price.

Thanks in advance!
We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Fri May 02 2003 - 11:11:24 CDT