Re: Named User Licensing

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 23:22:19 GMT

Timothy Madsen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a question on named user licensing. If we have a workstation which
> is used by three shifts of workers, do we need three Oracle licenses - one
> for each person using this single workstation - or do we need one Oracle
> license for the workstation?

No matter what we say, most of us do not have the right to provide a final answer on this. You need to discuss this with your Oracle rep.

(That said, I really don't find the term "Named User" confusing? You have a user, the user has a name ... )

Oracle provides a nice little document on their web site that might help you out:

Start at http://www.oracle.com
In Menu (left side, 3/4 way down), click on "Pricing & Licensing" link In Menu (left side), click on "Specialty Topics" In body, click on "Oracle Database Licensing" to get the PDF document.

While there, you might want to check out the "Software Investment Guide". Received on Thu May 01 2003 - 18:22:19 CDT