Re: Named User Licensing

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 00:38:43 +0200

"Timothy Madsen" <timothy_madsen_at_bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:b8s0ot$aum$1_at_bob.news.rcn.net...
> Hello,
>
> I have a question on named user licensing. If we have a workstation which
> is used by three shifts of workers, do we need three Oracle licenses - one
> for each person using this single workstation - or do we need one Oracle
> license for the workstation?
>
> Thanks.
> Tim.

As far as I am concerned this forum does not extend to - commercial issues regarding Oracle products - legal issues regarding Oracle products

These questions are better addressed by talking to Oracle directly, and one has to ask whether you have any reason why you don't want that. This might also be the perfect time, as it is Oracle's Q4

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA