9.2.0.3 patchset on RH9

From: Dave Hau <davehau_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 May 2003 11:11:14 -0700

Has anyone been able to apply the 9.2.0.3 patchset to a 9.2.0.1 Oracle database server on RH9? The 9.2.0.1 server was working fine until after I ran catpatch.sql. Then it started giving me a lot of the following error messages:

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-04045: errors during recompilation/revalidation of <some package name>
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called ORA-06512: at line 2

This would happen whenever I access any system or user defined package.

Also, anyone knows how I can check the value of an environment variable (LD_ASSUME_KERNEL) in the environment in which the Oracle database server is running? I know how to set the env variable in a shell and then use the shell to run a client app. But I want to make sure the server processes are also running in an environment with this variable set correctly.

Thanks,

Dave Received on Thu May 01 2003 - 13:11:14 CDT