FGAC predicate - problem with plan/execution time

From: dnh <nigel.hurst_at_ds-s.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 17:05:19 +0100

Hi

I am currently using the fgac functionality to limit users view of data. I am having a problem in that in a particular case I am getting a different explain plan and much slower execution times on running it as a user to whom the predicate is applied than if I manually run the same query (supposedly!) as a user for whom I build a null predicate.

I am running oracle 8.1.7.4 on a SUN/Solaris platform.

I have not posted the query as I am initially looking for any ideas as to why I am getting different plans and run times for what is essentially the same query. Has anybody else come across this problem?? I do get the same results from both queries

cheers

   nigel Received on Thu May 01 2003 - 11:05:19 CDT