Re: Understanding DBA_AUDIT_SESSION

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:49:44 +0200

Marcin <mwolski_at_poczta.fm> schreef in berichtnieuws b8ogrq$ssv$1_at_sunflower.man.poznan.pl...
| Hi All,
|
| How should I interpret results from DBA_AUDIT_SESSION:
|
| select USERNAME, OS_USERNAME, to_char(timestamp,'DD-MM HH24:MI:SS')
| Timestamp, ACTION_NAME, to_char(LOGOFF_TIME,'DD-MM HH24:MI:SS')
LOGOFF_TIME,

--

| ------------------------------ --------------------------- ---------------
--
| ------------------------------------------------------
| SCOTT 30-04 09:04:12
| LOGON
| 2002
| SCOTT 30-04 09:04:29
| LOGOFF 30-04 09:04:31
| 0
| SCOTT 30-04 09:10:00
| LOGOFF 30-04 09:10:08
| 0
| SCOTT 30-04 09:26:44
| LOGOFF 30-04 09:26:47
| 0
| SCOTT 30-04 09:29:50
| LOGON
| 2002
| SCOTT 30-04 09:31:53
| LOGOFF 30-04 09:31:54
| 0
| SCOTT 30-04 09:32:58
| LOGOFF 30-04 09:33:02
| 0
| SCOTT 30-04 09:33:29
| LOGOFF 30-04 09:33:36
| 0
| SCOTT 30-04 09:40:00
| LOGOFF 30-04 09:40:10
| 0
| SCOTT 30-04 09:42:57
| LOGOFF 30-04 09:42:57
| 0
| SCOTT 30-04 09:42:58
| LOGON
| 0
| SCOTT 30-04 09:44:07
| LOGON
| 0
| SCOTT 30-04 09:45:03
| LOGON
| 2002
| SCOTT 30-04 09:45:10
| LOGOFF 30-04 09:45:10
| 0
| SCOTT 30-04 09:49:23
| LOGOFF 30-04 09:49:24
| 0
| SCOTT 30-04 09:51:02
| LOGOFF 30-04 09:51:02
| 0
| SCOTT 30-04 09:52:53
| LOGON
| 2002
| SCOTT 30-04 09:53:55
| LOGOFF 30-04 09:53:58
| 0
| SCOTT 30-04 10:00:00
| LOGOFF 30-04 10:00:00
|
| And my question:
| SCOTT 30-04 09:04:12
| LOGON
| 2002
| User SCOTT logged in at 30-04 09:04:12, but what does it mean -
| RETURNCODE=2002??
|
| SCOTT 30-04 09:04:29
| LOGOFF 30-04 09:04:31
| 0
| User SCOTT logged off at 30-04 09:10:08 or 30-04 09:10:00??? What is the
| relationship between these two values??
|
| SCOTT 30-04 09:42:57
| LOGOFF 30-04 09:42:57
| 0
| Why these two timestamp values are the same?? (30-04 09:42:57 and 30-04
> [...]
ORA-02002 error while writing to audit trail Cause: The auditing facility is unable to write to the AUDIT_TRAIL table. If this error occurs, SQL statements that are currently being audited may also fail. This error will occur if the SYSTEM tablespace runs out of disk space. Action: Add space to the SYSTEM tablespace or delete rows from the AUDIT_ TRAIL table. If these operations fail or do not eliminate the problem, shut down and restart Oracle with auditing disabled. This is done by setting the initialization parameter AUDIT_TRAIL to FALSE. Timestamp is the timestamp when the record was written to the audittrail. See Oracle Reference manual (http://tahiti.oracle.com) for a description of all dictionary views. (The Error Messages manual is there too).