8i install problem

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:25:35 +0100

There was a problems installing 8i onto Pentium 4 systems, but you have a celeron so it couldn't be that could it ? There is a download of a new P4 installer at metalink.com (look for bug number 1507768) which I have used here to great effect on P4 systems, but the workaround is to rename a couple of java files before running the installer.

Have a look on Google groups for some of the many postings on this subject.

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator