Re: Oracle Locking Up

From: Scott Gamble <zifnab_at_islandsofmyth.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:58:14 -0500

Might be totally unrelated to what is happening to your student but we applied patch 8.1.7.4 to 8.1.7.3 a few weeks ago to one of our machines.

We had a couple of users/applications that had the exact same symptoms you are showing. the query would appear to run, and never return to sqlplus.

On our end it turned out those users had never upgraded clients they were still using 7.3.4 which worked fine for an 8.1.7.3 database but not 8.1.7.4 with certain queries.

Not sure if that applies to your student or not but is it possibly an older client issue?

Scott Gamble