HELP IN INSTALLING ORACLE APPLICATIONS E-BUSINESS SUITE CD PACK.

From: Lakshmi Jagarlapudi <jlnarayana_at_attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 02:16:30 GMT

Hi,

Just yesterday I brought the Oracle applications CD pack and trying to install them on my PC
which is Windows XP home. I want to know some oracle applications like financials functionality
which is why I am doing this.

Firstly is there anyone out there who is doing a similar exercise so that I can share the
experiences. It is really an excruciating experiences installing all the software alone without any help.

Secondly, during the installation it is treating for the DNS domain name. what should I enter the for the domain name? It is defaulting to attbi and pinging for
ping host.attbi.com

which it is not able to succesfully ping.

If I enter the host name in the domain name field , then it is pinging ping host.host
again this is unsuccessful

Not quite sure, what I should do now.

Can any body throw some light on this. I would be really thankful to them.

expecting a quick response.

Thanks, Received on Wed Apr 30 2003 - 21:16:30 CDT