Mutating Triggers in Oracle

From: Marcelo Vinagreiro <mlv_2001_at_terra.com.br>
Date: 29 Apr 2003 20:18:08 -0700

Hi,

I've needed to implement a mutating trigger in Oracle.

Thus, I followed the 3 default steps:

  1. I created a package structure which keeps a temporary table;
  2. One row trigger that populates the temporary table that was implemented. This one has the "for each row..." statement.
  3. And I created a statement trigger which has the logic I need. So, it is possible to perform selects in the same table which has been triggered.

All works fine, but I realized a problem: the temporary table generated by my package doesn't seem to be cleaned... So, there were repetitions... Is there any way to clean the package after an execution of the statement trigger (described in 3) ?

Best regards!

Marcelo Received on Tue Apr 29 2003 - 22:18:08 CDT