Re: Question for DBAs who use perl?

From: msouthern <member28917_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 22:55:19 +0000

I use Perl and Java. Perl is great, specially if you are working on a UNIX/Solaris server.

Since I am working with developers who like the development database refreshed daily, I created a script that would dynamicly create the DDL's for me then run them. I also use perl to extract information from the system and the database and create a report for me, daily. I put the script in the cron and it runs nightly, then sends the report to me via email.

Michellea