Re: RMAN problems

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 00:11:49 +0200

Mark Nguyen <carmaboy_at_yahoo.com> schreef in berichtnieuws a7a509f7.0304291343.4c349dd2_at_posting.google.com...
| Oracle Enterprise 8.1.7.0
| Sun Solaris 5.8 Spark 64-bit
|
| Has anyone ever heard of this? After running a restore, the tables
| that I deleted after the backup does not appear. No errors are return
| from the backup or restore from RMAN.
|
| Sequence of events:
| -Backup database - hot backup using RMAN
| -Removed tables
| -Restore database
| --TABLE STILL NOT THERE.
|
| Fortunately, I am testing this on a developement server. I pray that
| this is not going to happen when I need to do a restore on my
| production server. Any advice anyone?
|
| TAI
I've not worked with rman (yet) but if you say "restore database" I think the db will be restored completely.
You must restore the database until a timestamp, the timestamp just before you dropped the tables. Received on Tue Apr 29 2003 - 17:11:49 CDT