RMAN problems

From: Mark Nguyen <carmaboy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Apr 2003 14:43:21 -0700

Oracle Enterprise 8.1.7.0
Sun Solaris 5.8 Spark 64-bit

Has anyone ever heard of this? After running a restore, the tables that I deleted after the backup does not appear. No errors are return from the backup or restore from RMAN.

Sequence of events:
-Backup database - hot backup using RMAN
-Removed tables
-Restore database
--TABLE STILL NOT THERE.
Fortunately, I am testing this on a developement server. I pray that this is not going to happen when I need to do a restore on my production server. Any advice anyone?

TAI Received on Tue Apr 29 2003 - 16:43:21 CDT