Re: Are Oracle GUIs causing a decline in DBA salaries?

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 23:04:47 +0200

Hans Forbrich wrote:
> Karsten Farrell wrote:
>

>>Now this is more like it ... a real flame!

> (Hey, if you're looking for a flame war, I'll try to help. I'm not very good at it though.)
>

>>wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au said...

>>>You definitely are...
>>
>>Yeah, and my hearing is getting worse ... and I need my bifocals to read
>>this. Of course, I have to use the large icons on the toolbar of my
>>newsreader.

> They do make larger monitors these days. (I try not to wear my bifocals too often. <g>)

>>>Who said they were?
>>
>>Well, I kinda got the feeling that everyone was.

> There are 10 kinds of GUI users in the world*. Those that understand what they are doing, and those that use the
> blind-folded point and click under the assumption that the GUI developer is smart.

Wizards! How about Wizards? They really make life easier. And a monkey can operate them. We all know monkeys are cheaper than DBA's (Dik Bil Apen, dutch for Fat Ass Monkeys), now that the mercury project is halted.
Just like pre-server-error triggers; just working out an example where the error is actually fixed before it happens.

If only I could find a way to call the Tuning Wizard before performance drops...
Anyone knows if there's a pre-performance-drop trigger in 10i?

<snip>

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel