Re: Sartup server at bootup

From: MC <manikroy_bd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Apr 2003 23:40:52 -0700

chr2k4_at_aol.com (Chr2k04) wrote in message news:<bf58ec5f.0304242034.7b4eb831_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hey,
>
> The script ran but sqlplus still did not recognize my username or
> password until i went back into sqlplus with /nolog and executed
> 'connect / as sysdba' and 'startup'.
>
> Are there any additions to the init.d script, or a different init.d
> script that could start up the server like i did above, but automated
> at bootup?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Chris,

I face the same type of problem. Probably, scripts in init.d has no problem. Problems are in 'dbstart' script. the script requires awk/gawk. Have you installed those programs? Best, you go through the 'dbstart' script.

if you have awk/gawk, then look at VERSION=$ORACLE_HOME/bin/svrmgrl command=exit | awk ....

In my case, I found that what 'svrmgrl' gives screen output, awk did not search that. So I change that accordingly.