Re: updateable snapshot

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 23:17:51 +0200

MC wrote:
> Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:<3EAAC609.3020202_at_netscape.net>...
>

>>Still, you should have generated snapshot (or, as it is called
>>today: materialized views) support on the master tables.
>>There's some quite useful flow diagrams in the Replication
>>Manuals - be sure to read both; the API as well.
>>The examples work, and are pretty well documented (the API
>>ones - the Replication Mnl just shows pictures of OEM... click
>>here, drop there - and it turns out there's an undocumented
>>call being made, that is absolutely needed)
>>
>>In short: you can do what you want: create an updateable
>>materialized view - I've done it for 150 clients, each having
>>about thirty updateable mv's. One master, 150 snapshot sites.

> Frank,
> Could you tell me the binary file name of OEM? I am using Oracle 8.1.6
> on SCO UnixWare 7.

Not sure I understand this in the light of the thread. OEM stands for Oracle Enterprise Manager. It has a section called replication, that allows you to create a replicated (master/master or master/snapshot) environment.

> Also when I tried to run binary 'dbassist' & 'netca', it did not run
> and made segmentation fault. But at the time of Oracle installion,
> Net8 and Database configuration Assistant ran smoothly. What's wrong
> with that?

These are shell scripts, calling Java. Maybe not for SCO. Different Java environment? Or none at all? During install, the JRE on the install CD is used (and copied, iirc)

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel